Observability Software Engineer
Many of LINE's services are oriented toward global services. At this very moment, there are new services being developed by LINERs around the globe. In order to provide stable and reliable services to customers, it is crucial to have high-level monitoring technology and systems. We focus on building these systems for in-house engineers. We are also creating a high-level development culture for enjoying the challenges of implementing and adopting cutting-edge technologies, and for building best practices and propagating them to the entire company.
We are seeking Software Development Engineers excited by this opportunity to deal with massive data that set us apart from other companies. You should also be passionate about getting feedback from our outstanding fellow developers as well as influencing them directly.
- Development of a large-scale observability system used to monitor LINE services
- Development of large-scale Metric/Log Stream/Distributed Tracing/Events Logging collection pipeline and processing system
- Development and operation of self-developed Time Series Database to manage large-scale metrics
- Operating various large-capacity open source storage for storing and managing massive data
- Experience in developing and operating server-side applications
- Experience in using Linux
- Basic knowledge in computer science
- Ability to write clean and succinct code
- Growth mindset and a desire to learn, teach, and improve skills
- Experience with one of programming languages: Java, Go, Kotlin, Rust
- At least one Business-level language (Japanese or English)
- Experience or interest in application monitoring or related development
- Experience or interest in improving distributed application performance
- Experience with Observability/Monitoring tools (Prometheus, Grafana, Influxdb, Datadog, New Relic, ...)
- Experience with developing and operating frontend applications
- Love contributing to open-source softwares (Kafka, Elasticsearch, Cassandra, ...)
- Ability to speak and write in Japanese or Korean or English fluently
One of the followings will be applied: Discretionary labor system for professional work (Employee is deemed to have worked for 9.5 hours a day, regardless of the actual number of hours worked), Flex-time system (core time: 11:00 am–4:00 pm) or 10:00 am–6:30 pm（actual working hours 7 hr 30 min)
*To be determined after the interview process
Weekends (Saturdays and Sundays), national holidays, paid leave, New Year’s holiday, congratulatory and condolence leave, "Refreshment" leave (every 5 years, employees who have been employed under a continuous contract are entitled to 10 days of paid leave)
Annual salary system (To be determined based on skills, experiences and abilities after discussions)
- Annual compensation will be divided into 12 months and paid on a monthly basis.
- Separate incentives available (*1)
- Compensation revision: twice a year
- Allowances: commuting allowance, LINE Pay Card Benefit Plan (*2)
(*1) In addition to your annual compensation, you may receive incentives (twice a year) depending on the company's and individual performance and evaluation on your performance. (Incentives are not guaranteed to be provided. An incentive payment will only be paid if you remain employed as of the payment date.
(*2) This is an allowance separate from the salary meant for employees to use for their health, personal development, support for raising the next generation, and more.
- Employment insurance, workers accident compensation insurance, health insurance, employees pension insurance
- Periodic health checkup
- Company events and others
*Implementation of second-hand smoke prevention measures
[Prohibiting Indoor Smoking (other than Smoking Room)]
Osaki, Minami-shinjuku, Yotsuya
[Prohibiting Indoor Smoking (outdoor Smoking Area)]
Details to be shared during interviews.